Re: Use cases for post-redisplay hooks

From: Keith David Bershatsky
Subject: Re: Use cases for post-redisplay hooks
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 10:53:29 -0700

Yes, a `needs-recalculation` flag would be very useful -- i.e., when the values
for `window-start` and `window-end` are correct and not going to change, then
run the Lisp function (attached to the hook) that depends upon those values
being correct.  A counter, however, may not be a reliable indicator of the
above test.

[My assumption is that overlays could be placed before the screen visually
refreshes, so that the overlays are visually present when redisplay finishes.]

Keith