Re: Please consider making Bug #23917 a blocker for 25.1 (was Re: org-ca

From: Alex Bennée
Subject: Re: Please consider making Bug #23917 a blocker for 25.1 (was Re: org-capture: Capture template ‘g’: Match data clobbered by buffer modification hooks)
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 18:28:36 +0100

John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:

> EZ> If the bug only happens with a version of Org that is not bundled with
> EZ> Emacs, how can waiting with the release help fixing the bug? The bug needs
> EZ> to be fixed in Org that was not yet imported into the Emacs tree.
>
> Indeed. I use Org 8.2.11 (the version to be released with 25.1) with the
> current emacs-25 branch, and I never have any problems with org-capture.

I've just uninstalled the ELPA installed org and run into the same
problem with the bundled version. It certainly doesn't happen with all
my capture templates but this particular entry with %a and %c does
trigger the error. From my *Messages:

    Clipboard pasted as level 2 subtree
    org-capture: Capture template ‘g’: Match data clobbered by buffer
modification hooks
    "/home/alex/src/emacs/install/share/emacs/25.0.95/lisp/org/org.elc"

--
Alex Bennée