Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 8a38e94: Fix local printer set to left aligne

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 8a38e94: Fix local printer set to left aligned string formatter.
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2016 11:44:22 -0700

> IMHO taking this bug fix is not risky and that would make the local printer
> feature more complete.

I'm sorry, Vincent, but I cannot take your assurance of this in light of the
fact that we recently issued a release candidate. I am reverting your changes,
but feel free to apply them to master.

The reason for having a release freeze is to not accept commits like this,
which have not been agreed upon by others as critical (needing to be fixed
NOW), and which have not been reviewed by anyone else. If everyone were to
commit whatever small fix they thought was safe, there would be no release.