Re: emacs make error on linux

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: emacs make error on linux
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2016 10:16:23 -0400

On Wed, 3 Aug 2016 04:50:24 -0700 Paul Eggert <address@hidden> wrote:

PE> Thanks for reporting that. Although I installed the attached patch to work
PE> around the compile-time problem, I worry that Emacs's run-time behavior
will not
PE> be correct for asynchronous connections, so I'll CC: this to Ted Zlatanov,
our
PE> GnuTLS expert.

Thanks, Paul. I think you've done much more work on the non-blocking
side, though :)

I think your patch basically ignores the `is_non_blocking' flag if
GnuTLS doesn't support it. Which I believe is OK, since the
GNUTLS_NOBLOCK option doesn't really change the way data is delivered,
so I don't expect any issues from that. Users may be surprised by
different behavior on different platforms, though.

I hope that's helpful!
Ted