Re: why is site-lisp placed before the default load path?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: why is site-lisp placed before the default load path?
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2016 10:58:22 -0400

>> Rocky could add 'realgud-' to the beginning of every elisp file in the
>> application,
> ​That would be much better and safer and more generally useful.

Ever since CEDET was merged into Emacs, we've started to improve
support for the situation where files are in subdirs which aren't
themselves in load-path.  So you can (require 'dir/file).  There are
still various problems with such situations but I think it's not
a practice we should discourage.

        Stefan

PS: Obviously, this didn't reach ELPA yet ;-)