Re: hebrew: bold face odd when using the monospace font.

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: hebrew: bold face odd when using the monospace font.
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 20:51:07 +0000

>>> "Andreas" == Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

   > On Aug 12 2016, Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> wrote:
   >> > On Aug 12 2016, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
   >>
   >> > You don't have to uninstall the font, you can also ignore a font via
   >> > fontconfig (with <rejectfont>).
   >>
   >> My fontconfig  Kubuntu 14.04) contains various programs such as fc-list
   >> etc. Which of these you have in mind?

   > See /etc/fonts/conf.d.

I still don't get it
/etc/fonts

Contains

rwxr-xr-x   2 root root 4,0K jun 29 17:23 conf.avail
drwxr-xr-x   2 root root 4,0K jun 29 17:18 conf.d
-rw-r--r--   1 root root 5,4K jun  5  2014 fonts.conf

So I presume the file fonts.conf is what you meant,
but the file contains

        DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE.
        IT WILL BE REPLACED WHEN FONTCONFIG IS UPDATED.
        LOCAL CHANGES BELONG IN 'local.conf'.

        The intent of this standard configuration file is to be adequate for
        most environments.  If you have a reasonably normal environment and
        have found problems with this configuration, they are probably
        things that others will also want fixed.  Please submit any
        problems to the fontconfig bugzilla system located at fontconfig.org

        Note that the normal 'make install' procedure for fontconfig is to
        replace any existing fonts.conf file with the new version.  Place
        any local customizations in local.conf which this file references.

In any case I don't understand its syntax, could you give me an example
of how to exclude

   xft:-unknown-Linux Biolinum Keyboard
O-bold-normal-normal-*-19-*-*-*-*-0-iso10646-1 (#x1D7)

thanks

Uwe