Re: Debugging GNU Emacs on MS Windows / getting control back to gdb

From: Alain Schneble
Subject: Re: Debugging GNU Emacs on MS Windows / getting control back to gdb
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2016 21:06:36 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: Alain Schneble <address@hidden>
>> Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2016 18:38:57 +0200
>> Cc: address@hidden
>>
>> As an alternative, I could have put a breakpoint on a rarly called
>> function such as Fredraw_display, as suggested in ./etc/DEBUG.  But
>> that felt more like a workaround as well.
>
> It's not a workaround, it's the real thing.

Ok.

> And even that might not be enough for a frequently called function.
> Then you need to make the breakpoint conditional on some input values,
> or the value of point, or whatever else can filter out hits you don't
> want.

But that was exactly my point, that it is more cumbersome to setup a
conditional breakpoint.  Whereas with a process suspension, I only have
to set an unconditional breakpoint and then continue execution.  Of
course, this works well only if I know that the next call to the
function is the one call I'm interested in.