mercurial; rebase: emacs support: log-edit-insert-changelog enhancment

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: mercurial; rebase: emacs support: log-edit-insert-changelog enhancment
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 19:25:04 +0000

Hi

I recently started to use rebase in mercurial, for example in a
a small repo (I could provide the scripts which generate the repo I have
in mind), I have a master and a feature branch (in hg speak bookmarks).

I want to rebase the branch on top of master and squash it.  So I do

hg rebase --keep -d 2 -s 3 --collapse

Then a editor of my choice pops up (in my case emacsclient) but the
buffer is in text mode not in log-edit mode, more over the buffer
corresponds to a file in /tmp which makes it difficult to use
log-edit-insert-changelog, a function a always use.

Here are my questions;

    -  somebody know about some emacs support for that feature.

    -  could log-edit-insert-changelog be enhances so that it optionally
       takes a file as argument, the same way add-change-log-entry does
       it

Uwe Brauer