Re: Question about intended behavior of 'insert-for-yank-1'.

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: Question about intended behavior of 'insert-for-yank-1'.
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2016 14:17:41 -0500

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>> From: Karl Fogel <address@hidden>
>> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
>> Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2016 19:53:45 -0500
>>
>> This is done now (commit 8cd975ceb).
>
>Thanks, but you pushed this to the wrong branch, it should have been
>pushed to emacs-25, as all doc fixes relevant to Emacs 25 are.
>
>Please cherry-pick the commit from master to emacs-25.

Done (commit e1b2918c7c in emacs-25).

The "Branches" section in CONTRIBUTE makes a distinction between "development"
and "bug fixes".  I think of this change as more of a background improvement --
of the sort that just needs to get into Emacs eventually -- than as a bug fix
of the sort meant by CONTRIBUTE.  However, your mail implies that CONTRIBUTE
means to include this sort of thing in the category "bug fix" too.  You
probably have a better handle on the intentions behind the language in
CONTRIBUTE than I do, so I'll re-interpret that section accordingly.