Re: proposal: edit-rectangle

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: proposal: edit-rectangle
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2016 17:34:41 +0000

Thanks John,

I tried out that snippet. It works great, and as advertised. I think will be a useful function.

Here are few notes I have on this:
- The functions need docstrings
- It will also be useful to document them in the manual ( (emacs) Rectangles )
- I first wondered why you named it edit-rectangle instead of rectangle-edit. But then I realized that all rectangle commands are named that way: kill-rectangle, clear-rectangle, etc.. So that's why?