Re: Why is GNU AUCTeX 11.89.6 not available from ELPA yet?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Why is GNU AUCTeX 11.89.6 not available from ELPA yet?
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 18:39:22 +0200

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Could it be that ./auctex/style/bidi.el is missing a copyright
>>> header, which would have broken the ELPA build?
>>
>> Yes, it seems that elpa doesn't build because of that (I already
>> wondered why).  Can please somebody have a look and fix the problem?
>
> I'll try to do it this evening.  And now I also noticed the mail
> telling us AUCTeX devs about the problem.

Ok, the problem was that the new bidi.el had a slightly wrong Copyright
header.  It was

  ;; Copyright (C) Free Software Foundation

but should have been

  ;; Copyright (C) 2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

I don't know if the missing year or "Inc." caused the problem.

Anyway, when fixing that I also added the missing "Inc." to
multi-prompt.el, and then

  $ make externals check_copyrights

failed because the original exception for multi-prompt.el hasn't been
used anymore.  So I removed the exception from elpa/copyright_exceptions
(Stefan, I hope that's been ok), and now I hope that I've been faster
than the ELPA release building task.

So I hope that GNU AUCTeX 11.89.6 will be available within a few hours.

Bye,
Tassilo