Re: Regarding performance issues with the Emacs 25.1 Windows-build

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Re: Regarding performance issues with the Emacs 25.1 Windows-build
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 13:51:21 +0100

While I think comparing performance between Linux to Windows is a reasonable to a certain extent, I don't think it should be done blindly.

The OP stated that there is a 3x slowdown in startup time.

Either he is using the unoptimized binaries, or he has a slow antivirus or whatever I don't know.
I don't think that emacs per se is slower under Windows than under GNU/Linux.
(and I already discussed that with Eli).

Fabrice