Re: Preview: portable dumper

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Preview: portable dumper
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2016 21:38:20 +0200

> From: David Requena Zabala <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 19:50:28 +0100
>

> You might remember me from a few months ago, asking about non-toolkit
> scrollbars on win32 emacs.
> At that point:
>
> - I was willing to learn about learning enough about emacs core and win32 to
> get those scrollbars.
> - I was willing to incorporate any requested changes to better integrate into
> emacs code base, coding style guidelines, whatever...
> - I was willing to go through the burden of the copyright attribution process.
> - I wasn't willing to argue ad nausea about the merits of yet another feature
> implemented in C.
>
> So these scrollbars never left my own private emacs build. In the process I
> never took the chance of leveraging my newly acquired knowledge and become a
> more regular emacs contributor.
>
> One might wonder to which degree the current C hacker scarcity in the project
> could actually be caused by the very attitude the Project management holds
> against C features.

I'm not sure I'm following your logic.  The only discussion with you
about scroll bars I found in the archives is the one that started
here:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2015-01/msg00525.html
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2015-01/msg00549.html

In that discussion, you asked technical questions about the
implementation of scroll-bar support in Emacs, on X and on MS-Windows,
and I answered your questions by pointing to the relevant functions
which implement that support.  At no time in that discussion you
proposed something, let alone some code, that was rejected.  What am I
missing?