Re: scrolling in shell buffer

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: scrolling in shell buffer
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 11:11:49 -0500

  > I stand corrected.  I wrote what I wrote because I had a vivid mental
  > picture of that in my mind, but after looking around, I see that no
  > terminal emulator behaves like that.

So I think we are all agreed that the change I proposed would be good.
Would someone like to implement it?

It would be sufficient to add a feature, enabled by some global
variable, to scroll the buffer (to put point on the last line if it's
at the end of the buffer) when the buffer is redisplayed for the first
time after being put in any given window with set-window-buffer.

set-window-buffer could set a flag in the window so that the next
redisplay of that window will do this scrolling if the buffer requests
it.

--
Dr Richard Stallman