Re: 64-bit build on Windows

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: 64-bit build on Windows
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 15:32:04 +0100

address@hidden (Phillip Lord) writes:

> Hmmm. Well, I am not using --without-imagemagick for my builds. And,
> besides, if it is not supported should it not be the default?

The problem consists on Emacs' build system not detecting the presence
of Imagemagick version 7.x, which is what MSYS2 distributes. Angelo
Graziosi submitted a patch on this mailing list 7 days ago but AFAIK it
was not incorporated into Emacs yet.

FWIW I build Emacs on MSYS2 and --without-imagemagick seems unnecessary.
The configure script just says that Imagemagick is absent.

I have no idea about PKG_CONFIG_PATH. The MSYS2 recipe does not mention
it and seems to work just fine.