Re: Issue with font rendering caused by one of the commits in last 48 hr

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Issue with font rendering caused by one of the commits in last 48 hrs #master
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2017 14:24:19 +0200

> From: Kaushal Modi <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2017 05:45:53 +0000
>
> My last build was using this build:
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=8c0fcaf66733f0538a3f024f383cb34a3c93d73c
>  and
> that was good.
>
> A while back, I built using
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=e5e42cefd7f2eb47d2c8660a7a317e8b08d36a82
>  and
> that has font issues.. whether launching emacs directly or emacsclient.
>
> So one of these 4 commits has caused the issue:
>
> e5e42cefd7 * origin/master origin/HEAD master diff-hunk-kill independent of
> point inside headers
> 1508b538fd * ; Revert "Improve diff-mode navigation/manipulation"
> 82a5e4dc88 * Fix free var FOO-mode-{syntax,abbrev}-table warnings
> 9c4e3097b5 * Check that variable lists are actually lists
>
> Following images show the issue:
> Notice that I am using the exact same emacs config with the exact same fonts
> (PragmataPro) set in
> ~/.Xdefaults. Also I did not see any errors in the *Messages* buffer at
> startup.

Please post more details about "the issue".  The only thing I can
glean from the images is that the "good" version uses a fixed-pitch
face, while the "bad" one uses a variable-pitch face.  Your help is
needed in identifying the exact problem you are seeing.  E.g., is the
same font used in both cases?  What do you see in the Custom buffer if
you try to customize the face used by this display?  Etc. etc. -- any
additional details related to what you see will get us closer to
unlocking the mystery.

(I also wonder why you post here and not to the bug tracker.)

Thanks.