Re: Critical bytecode bug with hash tables while dumping emacs.

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Critical bytecode bug with hash tables while dumping emacs.
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 09:33:30 -0800

On 01/26/2017 05:03 AM, Vibhav Pant wrote:
Since the current elisp codebase, doesn't use printed representation
anywhere to represent hash tables, this bug doesn't come up.

In that case the bug is not critical, right? One way to address the problem is to say that code should not print hash tables before dumping. Admittedly this is a weird restriction that we should remove, but it's not urgent and we're planning to redo dumping anyway and can address this problem (if it still occurs) then.