Re: official Emacs Docker image

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: official Emacs Docker image
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2017 18:52:00 -0500

  > That's totally unrelated to the issue. Free software is not "non minified"
software. It is software available under a specific licence.
  > Any "minified" js code can be free software if available under such a
licence.

Actually, _both_ of these criteria are necessary.  To be free, a
Javascript program must be (1) covered by some free software license
(see https://gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html and
https://gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html) and (2) available in souce
code form.

Source code means the preferred form of the code for editing it.
Obfuscated code (including minified Javascript code) is not source
code.  It is a kind of compiled code.

--
Dr Richard Stallman