Re: [Emacs-diffs] master b7fa6b1 1/4: Simplify use of FOR_EACH_TAIL

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master b7fa6b1 1/4: Simplify use of FOR_EACH_TAIL
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 14:18:33 -0800

On 02/07/2017 01:50 PM, Richard Stallman wrote:
Why should we restrict ourselves to cater to Clang?

It's not just Clang, it's any compiler that interprets that part of the C standard strictly. I have heard that Visual Studio is like Clang here, and I wouldn't be surprised if other compilers were in the strict camp.

Since there is a short and clean workaround for this that does not hurt performance, it should be OK for Emacs to use the workaround. After all, Emacs has localized workarounds elsewhere for proprietary compilers like AIX xlc, HP-UX cc and Oracle Studio cc.