Re: Overlays as an AA-tree

From: Andreas Politz
Subject: Re: Overlays as an AA-tree
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2017 08:34:01 +0100

Joakim Jalap <address@hidden> writes:

> Andreas Politz <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> [...] wading through the current overlay code [...]

> FWIW I've allready all this boring stuff. I you want you can look at my
> branch at https://github.com/jockej/emacs-mirror2 branch
> arne-without-parent.

I already did, although briefly.  I think its even in the upstream repository
(?).

> The interface is always the same*: Gather all the interesting overlays in
> a vector. [...]

Yes, but I'm trying to get a little bit behind that.  For example there
is a common idiom of

1. gather overlays in a vector
2. sort by prioriy
3. determine the effective value of some property at some position

So there should be a function answering question No. 3 without necessarily going
through steps 1 and 2 .

-ap