Re: Installing binaries with package.el

From: Andreas Politz
Subject: Re: Installing binaries with package.el
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2017 22:55:05 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> [...]  a auto-load cookie [...]
>
> Any reason why you do it as part of the autoloads rather than as part of
> the compilation of the package?
> [ I can see some advantages, but I'm curious what were the reasons in
>   your case.  ]

I just didn't think of it. It felt like a lot of people wanted this and
so I let my cat walk over my laptop until she said : "I think it might be
working now.".  It probably was a mistake.

> In the case of pdf-tools, what kind of pre-remove would be needed?

Actually, I was just generally speaking. But in the case of pdf-tools,
it could clean up before an update can happen, which is a critical phase
anyhow.

-ap