Re: Module support: No environment in pointer release function

From: Andreas Politz
Subject: Re: Module support: No environment in pointer release function
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 10:27:29 +0100

Elias Mårtenson <address@hidden> writes:

>  How do you even know its your pointer and not someone elses ?

> Because it was me who created the pointer.

Sorry for being so terse.  This is not exactly related to your problem,
but a general idea:  What happens if multiple modules use user_ptr and
the user takes one from module A and passes it to module B ?

Anyway, I think what you could do right now is save the result of your
library function inside your module and retrieve it with a finalizer
(see make-finalizer).

-ap