Re: html, css, and js modes working together

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: html, css, and js modes working together
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 20:49:39 -0700

>> It seems to me that switching windows should call
>> cursor-sensor-functions.  What do you think?

Stefan> That's not the intention behind cursor-sensor-functions: as the name
Stefan> implies, this functionality is bound to the notion of "cursor".
Stefan> When you switch window, cursor don't move.

I find this pretty surprising.

I wanted to understand what the "cursor" was -- it's not an Emacs term I
knew -- so I looked, and the elisp manual says:

   As far as the user is concerned, point is where the cursor is, and
when the user switches to another buffer, the cursor jumps to the
position of point in that buffer.

So by that definition at least, it should be called.

Or, I suppose, "cursor" should be redefined.  Though what would that way
be?  My mental model was something like "point in the selected window".
What else would make sense?

Tom