Re: html, css, and js modes working together

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: html, css, and js modes working together
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 00:26:31 -0500

>    As far as the user is concerned, point is where the cursor is, and
> when the user switches to another buffer, the cursor jumps to the
> position of point in that buffer.

Maybe you've configured your Emacs to do that, but by default, every
window gets its own cursor, AFAIK.  The selected window's cursor looks
different than the others, but the others do exist.

In any case, by cursor I mostly mean window-point (modulo the fact
that the cursor only takes a meaning when the window gets rendered).

        Stefan