Re: Continuous integration

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Continuous integration
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 20:46:02 +0100

"Phillip Lord" <address@hidden> writes:

>> Michael and I are trying to fix some errors with file-notification.
>> None of us has all the participating libraries and OS at hand, which
>> means we are unable to test any patches thoroughly.
>>
>> So, I wondered whether it be possible to run the test-suite
>> automatically for every commit/branch/OS.  The results could be published
>> via mailing-list.
>>
>> What do you think ?
>

> To some extent it's already there.
>
> https://hydra.nixos.org/jobset/gnu/emacs-trunk/all
>
> It doesnt work for every branch though, which is unfortunate, and I think
> this is something that Emacs devel would really benefit from.

hydra is helpful, although I've stopped reading the mailing list due to
too many false reports. Maybe the situation has been improved last
weeks?

The other point is that it focuses on GNU/Linux. This is OK, but it
doesn't help us with our recent problem, running tests for kqueue on
*BSD and/or OS X.

Best regards, Michael.