Re: [Emacs-diffs] scratch/record 453b0ed: Update documentation for type

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] scratch/record 453b0ed: Update documentation for type semantics of records.
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2017 10:19:01 -0400

> +  The type slot should be a symbol or a record.  If it's a record,
> address@hidden assumes it's an EIEIO (@pxref{Top,,,eieio,EIEIO}) type
> +descriptor and returns the contents of slot 1.  Any other kind of
> +object is returned as-is.

Actually, it just assumes that the type name name is in field 1, which
without any reference to EIEIO.

The assumption is that we can arrange for any kind of type descriptor to
put a name in there.  E.g. it's true for `eieio--class`,
`cl-structure-class` as well as their shared parent `cl--class`.  And we
could arrange for it to also be true of a type descriptor for, say, the
`integer` type, if we ever decide to introduce a type descriptor for
primitive types like `integer`.

        Stefan