Re: If records are not sequences, why does aref work on records?

From: Noam Postavsky
Subject: Re: If records are not sequences, why does aref work on records?
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2017 17:02:32 -0400

On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 4:49 PM, Drew Adams <address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't understand the backward-compatibility argument.
> A record type has not existed before.  When/where do we
> already have `aref'/`copy-sequence' being applied to
> something other than a sequence/array?

Up until the recent changes, the things produced by cl-defstruct
make-foo functions were vectors with the first element being the
symbol 'cl-struct-foo'. So they could be indexed with aref and copied
with copy-sequence. Now they are "record" objects, but we don't want
to break code that uses aref and copy-sequence on them.