Re: scroll-down with pixel transition

From: Tak Kunihiro
Subject: Re: scroll-down with pixel transition
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 11:40:28 +0900

> For scrolling in the other direction, the following snippet should I
> hope show how to avoid the unwanted extra scroll:
>
>  (defun pscroll-down (arg)
>    (interactive "p")
>    (let ((pos
>          (save-excursion
>            (goto-char (window-start))
>            (beginning-of-visual-line 0))))
>      (set-window-start nil pos t)
>      (set-window-vscroll nil arg t)))
>  (define-key global-map [f9] 'pscroll-up)

This helps a lot.  Thank you!

Now (1) I can scroll single line up or down with `pixel transition'.
Also (2) I can scroll a pixel up or down.

For (2), concern remains.  After a pixel scroll by (2), typing C-n or
C-p scrolls the window to make it fully visible, and undos the effect
of the pixel-level scroll.

CONCLUSION: Emacs almost gets modern scroll