Re: GitLab CI setup file in scratch/tzz/gitlab

From: Lars Brinkhoff
Subject: Re: GitLab CI setup file in scratch/tzz/gitlab
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 07:01:40 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Ted Zlatanov wrote:
>> I've pushed a .gitlab-ci.yml file to the branch scratch/tzz/gitlab
>> John, Eli, any objections?
>
> Frankly, I don't understand why this file should be part of the Emacs
> repository.  For starters, it seems to be Debian-specific.  And if it
> should be in our repository, its place is definitely wrong, it should
> be somewhere under admin/.

It's not Debian-specific.  It does mention "debian", but that's only to
pick one out of many possible images to run the build.

It's probably required to be in the top-level directory to work with
GitLab-CI.  I haven't checked GitLab specifically, but most continuous
integration services does have this requirement that the configuration
file must have a specific name, and must be in the root of the project.

With this file in place, GitLab can now run a full build and test
cycle for every commit:

https://gitlab.com/emacs-ci/emacs/builds/14381164