Mail-Followup-To and Gmane and emacs-devel (was: master bd60ee2 1/5: aut

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Mail-Followup-To and Gmane and emacs-devel (was: master bd60ee2 1/5: auth-source: factor out parsers and add tests)
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 15:28:48 -0400

On Fri, 28 Apr 2017 12:36:40 -0400 Glenn Morris <address@hidden> wrote:

GM> (BTW, your Mail-Followup-To header is broken: it only points to the list,
GM> so dropping anyone you replied to who isn't subscribed.)

I'm following up to the list since there are probably others using
gmane.emacs.devel instead of subscribing to the mailing list directly.
So whatever solution comes out of this discussion may help them too.

It's really annoying to get e-mail for discussions I see on
gmane.emacs.devel anyhow. This is the only way I've found to minimize
that e-mail.

So for a while now I've had it set this way. Actually, since I post
through Gmane, my headers are (the Gmane header is translated on the
Gmane side, Lars implemented that):

Gmane-Reply-To-List: yes

I'm not sure if there's a better approach, so I'll change my headers if
anyone has suggestions. But I really don't want the drive-by CC's back
in my mailbox.

Thanks
Ted