Re: L10N & LC variables

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: L10N & LC variables
Date: Sat, 27 May 2017 08:22:28 +0900

> On May 27, 2017, at 2:39, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

>> My OS language is EN and since my physical region is Japan Mac codes it as
>> en_jp.
>>
>> So I would expect to see current-language-environment give me English.
>
> Then "M-x set-language-environment RET English RET" should do what you
> want.

Yes, and it does, but what I want is Emacs to recognize the OS locale
information and provide me that by default first, before allowing me to set an
arbitrary language environment that is independent of the system provided
locale.

I'll first check what Paul found (the removal of Carbon support
international/mule-cmds.el)

Jean-Christophe