Re: docstrings and elisp reference

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: docstrings and elisp reference
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 07:44:47 +0900

> On Jun 9, 2017, at 5:22, Etienne Prud’homme <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Jean-Christophe seems to be right about using more the HTML conversion
> templates.  Some of the semantic tagging is lost in the HTML conversion
> and that’s where the difficulty was.

As I mentioned, there are ways to maintain compatibility with old HTML tags and
systematically add CSS hooks to *every* texinfo tag and more (for ex. splitting
the defun argument list to separate arguments from identifiers like &optional
and &rest, but there are other things too).

And if we can do the same for the docstrings and link the two together, we'll
have a really powerful way to find information and learn in html too.

Jean-Christophe