Re: /* */ style comments in C++ sources

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: /* */ style comments in C++ sources
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 21:10:07 +0000

Hello, Eli.

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 09:16:26 +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
> On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 15:48:41 +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote:

> Sorry, I made a mistake in yesterday's post.  Instead of

> > Basically, in a CC Mode buffer, C-c C-k will toggle the comment style.
> > Set `c-block-comment-flag' to nil or t in, e.g., a mode hook to do the
> > obvious.

> , the second sentence of that paragraph should have read

>   Call `c-toggle-comment-style' with a numeric argument in, e.g., a mode
>   hook to do the obvious.

More precisely, put

    (c-toggle-comment-style 1)

into your c++-mode-hook.

> Merely setting `c-block-comment-flag' is insufficient to set Emacs's
> comment variables.

There was no response to Stephan's suggestion (that the mechanism for
toggling comment style should somehow be shared by CC Mode, Pascal Mode,
Haskell Mode ....).  So I've just committed the amendment to master.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).