Re: debugging elisp ?

From: Noam Postavsky
Subject: Re: debugging elisp ?
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2017 08:13:02 -0400

On Sun, Jul 9, 2017 at 7:59 AM, Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> wrote:

> Won't
> M-x edebug-all-defuns
> and then
> M-x eval-buffer
> in package.el work as well (and be easier)?

Oh, yes, good point. I usually mark only some functions with
edebug-instrument-function in a dolist loop, so I didn't think of the
more straightforward way.

On Sun, Jul 9, 2017 at 7:58 AM, Jean-Christophe Helary
<address@hidden> wrote:

> So there is no way I can run package without marking all the functions for
> debugging?

You can run package without marking it, but you can't step with edebug
through a function without without instrumenting it first. You can
instrument other functions while debugging if you see something
interesting, see (elisp) Instrumenting.