Re: master d014a5e: Use fixed-pitch font for display-line-numbers

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master d014a5e: Use fixed-pitch font for display-line-numbers
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 10:12:06 +0300

> From: Alex <address@hidden>
> Cc:  address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 00:47:42 -0600
>
> In any case, I find it odd that courier is the first fallback in
> "Monospace". I suppose this may be what you meant by "the code tells a
> different story". What about searching first for some other popular
> sans-serif alternatives, such as Liberation Mono?

IMO it would be good to make the "Monospace" family better on
supported platforms, feel free (you or anyone else) to suggest
changes.  Just remember that the actual font families we put there
should satisfy the following basic requirements:

  . they should either come with the OS out of the box, or be free fonts
  . they should be present on all (or at least most) versions of the OS
    (if they are not available on all versions, the order in the
    family list should be tailored accordingly, with those which are
    always available last)
  . if  family looks good on one platform, but ugly on another, we
    should probably not include it

Thanks.

P.S. On my system here Courier is not a TTF/OTF font, so it looks
ugly.