Re: Adding advisory notification for non-ELPA package.el downloads

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Adding advisory notification for non-ELPA package.el downloads
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 17:20:06 -0400

  > These are only problems from the FSF's perspective.

Emacs is part of the GNU project, so it is based on the FSF's values
and views.  If you start a project, you can run it as you wish.

  > All of this is based on the assumption that people *want* to assign
  > their copyright to FSF. This is not the case. I develop a couple of
  > packages and I would never assign my copyright.

This list is for discussion about Emacs development.  Correct me if
I'm mistaken, but it sounds like you're saying you are unwilling to
contribute code to Emacs.

You are under no obligation to contribute, but if you aren't going to,
the value of what you say here is somewhat reduced.
--
Dr Richard Stallman