[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Face to face
Re: Face to face
Fri, 08 Sep 2017 12:31:53 -0500
Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/26.0.50 (gnu/linux)
John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:
>This evening I had the most enjoyable privilege of being able to spend time
>with Stefan Monnier at a tavern in Oxford, UK. It made us both realize how
>valuable it is to interact with people in person; it changes how we read what
>they write online, and what we think they're thinking when they write it.
>During our many conversations, we thought: what if we had an Emacs Developer's
>Meetup, for people to come together from emacs-devel, so that many of us --
>who have been corresponding about Emacs for years -- could get to know these
>people who have been a part of our lives for so long?
>Where could such a meeting happen? When? Could we get Richard and Eli and some
>of the other past maintainers to join us?
>Just some thoughts,
Even though I don't have much time to do Emacs development these days <sad
face>, I would still try hard to come to such a meetup. Meeting in person is
indeed very important (at least for some people it is). I might even try to
use it as an emotional crutch to help me put Emacs fixes higher among other
competing priorities :-). It's easier to decide to spend time on something
when it is associated with the pleasure of working with people I know in person.
So, strong +1, and thanks for suggesting it.
- Face to face, John Wiegley, 2017/09/08
- Re: Face to face, Kaushal Modi, 2017/09/08
- Re: Face to face,
Karl Fogel <=
- Re: Face to face, Marcin Borkowski, 2017/09/08
- Re: Face to face, Richard Stallman, 2017/09/08
- Re: Face to face, John Wiegley, 2017/09/09
- Re: Face to face, Etienne Prud’homme, 2017/09/09
- Re: Face to face, Eli Zaretskii, 2017/09/09
- Re: Face to face, Stephen Leake, 2017/09/09
- Re: Face to face, Paul Eggert, 2017/09/09