Re: master 739593d 3/5: Make gnus-copy-file act like copy-file etc.

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: master 739593d 3/5: Make gnus-copy-file act like copy-file etc.
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 10:59:44 -0700

Stefan's proposal would work, and I volunteer to implement it if there is consensus (which there does not seem to be yet). It's secure enough for practical use and it is not intrusive.

Although perhaps someone can come up with a better idea, "Just do interactive renames the way we were doing it" is not better, as it would leave interactive users vulnerable to the attack. Although users may like to think that they are "unpredictable" and are thus relatively invulnerable to the attack, they're not really that unpredictable.