Re: Highlighting bug

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Highlighting bug
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 10:35:21 +0200

> I bisected the problem and it was introduced in commit
> f6818e761eaafe095e07249180dc8f9a329f1473
>
> Since this seems to be related to GTK, for the record, I have
> libgtk2.0-0 version 2.24.30-4. But it might be relevant to let you
> know that I use openbox, run as a standalone session.

Is GTK_CHECK_VERSION broken?  If you put a breakpoint in gtkutil.c at
the "return false" statement below does it get hit?

#if GTK_CHECK_VERSION (3, 16, 0)
  if (get_bg)
    /* gtk_style_context_get_background_color is deprecated in
       GTK+ 3.16.  New versions of GTK+ don't use the concept of a
       single background color any more, so we can't query for it.  */
    return false;
#endif

martin