Re: emacs-26 07ea5ef99a: Fix reference style in org.texi

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: emacs-26 07ea5ef99a: Fix reference style in org.texi
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2017 11:14:58 +0200

>>        Caution: A period or comma *must* follow the closing brace of an
>>        address@hidden'.  It is required to terminate the cross reference.
This
>>        period or comma will appear in the output, both in the Info file
>>        and in the printed manual.
>
> That's true, but the same is true about @ref.

While my manual says that

     As a general rule, you should write a period or comma immediately
   after an address@hidden' command with two or more arguments.

     If there is no such following punctuation, `makeinfo' will generate a
   (grammatically incorrect) period in the Info output; otherwise, the
   cross-reference would fail completely, due to the current syntax of
   Info format.

so it apparently is less rigid in this case, my texinfo does not insert
a period in the output here.

martin