Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 06e452a 1/3: Allow Edebug's instrumentation to

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 06e452a 1/3: Allow Edebug's instrumentation to be used for other purposes
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 16:32:53 -0400

> You don't say why you want to make the patch.

No, indeed.  I think the patch speaks for itself, and the author of the
original code seems to agree.

> It looks to me like you want to replace a normal abnormal hook with
> a single function.  This is less flexible (unless one jumps through
> hoops).

Look at the patch again: the resulting code is simpler.  And if you
want, you can reimplement the previous
edebug-after-instrumentation-functions API on top of the new, because
it's actually *more* flexible.

> It is also incompatible; it will break applications which use the
> existing interface.

Yes, it changes a hook which was introduced what 3 days ago?
I promise I'll take care of the all backlash from all the previous users.

> I'm against this incompatible change

Duly noted.

> (which I don't fully understand).

I had noticed, yes ;-)