Re: [ELPA] New package: mctags

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: mctags
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 15:33:29 +0300

On 10/13/17 11:47 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

I think xref-find-definitions, when it uses the etags back-end,
already supports that, doesn't it?
I've been using xref for some time. As I can see, it just gives your
the list of matches in a buffer. It can't filter further with pattern
or negative pattern or combination of patterns.

The list is usually very short (most of the time, only one candidate),
so the need for sophisticated filtering is quite low.

We could add filtering by file name and/or line contents to xref buffers too, though.