Re: when do we remove backward compatibility definitions?

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: when do we remove backward compatibility definitions?
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 13:14:02 -0800

On 11/21/2017 01:07 PM, Sam Steingold wrote:
if a developer wants to remove an
obsolete feature (function, variable, face &c) - for whatever reason -
how old does the feature has to be not to warrant a conversation on
emacs-devel?

I think Eli is asking us for the exact set of obsolete features you'd like to remove. Instead of overwhelming us with the whole list of features marked obsolete by 23.1 or earlier, how about listing just the features marked obsolete in 19.34 or earlier? That should be a small list where we can talk about individual items and get a feel for what the overall problem looks like.