RE: Windows Snapshots

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Windows Snapshots
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2017 10:20:48 -0800 (PST)

> The files with "installer" in the name are installers.
> The files with "zip" in the name are zip files.

OK; clear enough.

> > If they are programs that install Emacs, can I suggest
> > you call them something other than "snapshots"?
>
> Fred?

Installer program?  emacs-setup.exe?

> They are all Emacs-27 snapshot code.

Dunno what "Emacs-27 snapshot code" means.  A snapshot is
typicaly something passive: one frame from a time stream.

Presumably you wanted to communicate that they each install
Emacs reflecting the source code at a given moment in time.
But that's clear anyway from the dates.

Anyway, it was just a suggestion, to help avoid confusion.
Call them freds, if you like.