Re: Windows Snapshots

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: Windows Snapshots
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2017 10:22:00 +0000

Drew Adams <address@hidden> writes:

> Separate subdirs might be clearer, I think.  And that could
> let the file names, as well as the subdir names, be clearer.
> (And each subdir could even have a small README that describes
> the contents in plain English.)

The README is there for the Emacs-26 pre-tests. The snapshots I will
add, but am less worried about it.

When I get time, I would like to re-organise the Emacs windows FTP site
though, so that the binaries are in different directories. At the
moment, it's confusing and the stuff you want (the latest) is at the
bottom.

> Anyway, it's a good idea to pose the question - how best
> to organize and present the choices to users.  You might
> get some good suggestions that will help.
>
> (And thanks again for the builds.)

My pleasure!

Phil