Re: [Emacs-diffs] scratch/widen-less a4ba846: Replace prog-widen with co

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] scratch/widen-less a4ba846: Replace prog-widen with consolidating widen calls
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2017 18:41:01 +0200

> From: Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2017 15:36:16 +0200
>
> On 12/6/17 11:28 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>
> > My point is that this aspect of the design should be discussed before we
> > make the code changes.
>
> Let's go ahead and discuss it then?

Not with me, with everyone else.  I already described my doubts.

I will start a new thread about this, I think this issue all but
drowned in this long discussion, and I'd expect some people to avoid
reading it.

>  > (I think this aspect is separate from the rest of MMM related
> discussions.)
>
> Not exactly separate. My proposal hinges on it somewhat. In particular,
> on the idea that all major modes should be treated the same in this respect.

The separate issue is to widen unconditionally.  I could probably
agree to have these functions widen when MMM-like mode is active.