Re: Suggestion: Add discussion of input focus handling to select-window;

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Suggestion: Add discussion of input focus handling to select-window; add select-frame-window
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 15:37:30 -0500

> Even better might be to add select-frame-window which would combine
> select-window and select-frame-set-input-focus for those times where you
> want to both select the frame and change its selected window.

"selected" and "has focus" are fundamentally technically independent,
even though in practice they are strongly correlated.  So it's natural
for users to get confused about these issues, and we should be extra
careful in our terminology to try and not make this confusion worse.

So if you want a function which modifies focus, it should not be called
select-frame-window: it needs to have "focus" in its name.

        Stefan