Proposed patch for lookup-key

From: Justin Burkett
Subject: Proposed patch for lookup-key
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 14:44:12 -0500

Hi all,

I'd like to be able to access more information about key bindings of the form (DESCRIPTION . DEF) and menu-items. As far as I can tell there's no easy way to do this using built-in tools in a robust way (i.e., without manually having to write a lookup-key function).

I'm wondering if the attached patch would be acceptable. The idea was to add an optional argument to lookup-key to prevent it from stripping this information about the key bindings.

In principle, I might also like to do something similar for the key-binding function, but the current patch is sufficient for my purposes.

I have assigned copyright to the FSF, but this would be my first commit against Emacs. I apologize in advance for overlooking some convention.

Thanks,
Justin