Re: Suggestion: Add discussion of input focus handling to select-window;

From: Robert Weiner
Subject: Re: Suggestion: Add discussion of input focus handling to select-window; add select-frame-window
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2017 12:23:34 -0500

On Sat, Dec 16, 2017 at 11:42 AM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

And they don't need to look up frame- and focus-related documentation,
as long as they only need to select a window.  What you needed is to
select another frame, select another window on that frame, and make
sure that frame is at the top of the z-order.  That has very little to
do with selecting a window, and much more to do with frames and input
focus -- and those topics are described in the docs under their proper
subjects.

​I largely agree with the above now and spoke to this in
one of my last messages​ where I talked about combining
lower-level concepts into one area of documentation so
user input can be directed to a specific window and that
window's frame can be seen on screen in its entirety.

​​

​​
I could support some gentle notes in the ELisp manual's node
​​
"Selecting Windows", where it already mentions frames.  But doc
​​
strings are inappropriate for references to almost unrelated subjects,
​​
nor for general descriptions of complex topics.

​Okay, thanks.

Bob