Re: display-until.el - Display a window or frame topmost in the frame st

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: display-until.el - Display a window or frame topmost in the frame stack until a condition or timeout occurs
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2017 19:13:07 +0100

> I suggested a higher level programming model for this, so I
> wrote a library to make this easy: display-until.el.  Please try it
> out and send any improvement suggestions.

I replaced the line

                (when (string-equal name (get-frame-name frame))

with

                (when (equal name (frame-parameter frame 'name))

and started the test but it got me some chaotically appearing frames.

> I would like to see this code added to core Emacs if it is acceptable
> and someone will help me add the external documentation and commits
> needed for it.

We could add it to ELPA but it would have to compile cleanly first.

display-until.el:140:62:Warning: assignment to free variable ‘timeout’
display-until.el:140:52:Warning: reference to free variable ‘timeout’

In end of data:
display-until.el:241:1:Warning: the function ‘get-frame-name’ is not known to
    be defined.

Thanks, martin